Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday, October 17, 2008

It's Friday, and clear and cool and just beautiful. Laura taps on our connecting door and hops into bed with Grandma Vicki to have her first [of three] breakfast. Vicki reads to her as Laura just loves books.



I'm dressed and ready first so I take Laura exploring AFTER we have her second breakfast in the restaurant. There's a covered bridge on the property, streams, a few little waterfalls, and lovely wooden swings scattered about the property.



We gather the Clan together and then head out to Cold Hollow and sample some cider and cider donuts [breakfast 3 for Laura]. The adults even sample some of Vermont's hard cider and fruity wines. One wine I particularly enjoyed was a cranberry wine. Nice.

And here is the Apple of Our Eyes. Laura didn't want to pose in this at first, but when she saw the picture on my camera, she totally got into it and Sue took lots more shots. Yes, Laura is a Hambone!



After leaving Cold Hollow, we drover over to Stowe and took a long walk on one of the many trails. It's just so beautiful here, as you can see from the following.



One of the farmers sets up a Maze through the corn at this time of year. We didn't go into it as Laura and Josh were back at the car asleep. No, they were NOT left alone - Carol was there and then Vicki cut her walk short and went back as well.



More pictures of our walk follow. You can see how beautiful it is. I would walk miles every day if I had these views.






After our walk, Sue, Vicki and I drove over to Burlington to get Chris. He attends UVM majoring in music. Here is is meeting Josh for the first time in person.



Sue and Jim picked up Pat from soccer practice and we all met at The Alchemist for supper. It's a brew pub that Steve is quite fond of. I tasted his two IPA choices - very good. The food was pub food but not that spectacular except for the garlic mayo used to dip the fries into! WOW. Really good.
Laura enjoyed herself but the noise was just too loud. Here she is with Vicki being loved by all.


We all then went back to our hotel and took over the Community Room where was enjoyed pumpkin pie from Cold Hollow and games in the game room. I must say, Laura wore me out. If I have 1/5 of her energy!!!!!
Tomorrow, we're going back to Stowe for breakfast at McCarthy's, a swim in the pool at the hotel, Pat's last soccer game of the season, dinner and then Chris' gig. A full day is planned so I must close. I'll try to get shots of all the festivities.

1 comment:

Stephen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.