Tuesday, we took Lorraine to lunch and a movie for her birthday. We ate at Grand Lux which just opened here a few months ago, and saw Nights in Rodanthe.
Today, we did a little more shopping for the Vermont trip. I got a sweater, cords and shoes.
This is one of the Wood-Ridge, New Jersey welcome signs. As you can see, the trees haven't yet begun to turn.
However, this rebel tree has turned and is beautiful.
This house near my Mother's old house is one of the many that is all decked out for Halloween. There's a street near Vicki's in Hackensack that is amazing. I'll get shots of that closer to the end of the month. O goody - you have something to look forward to!!!
Look at this! Gasoline [regular] is $2.99 a gallon. When I got here last Wednesday, it was $3.15.
Here is Wood-Ridge High School. All four [Me, Vicki, Jim and Kathy] of us graduated from here. Pretty, isn't it?
Here is Vicki, taking border bricks from my Mom's old house. Bridget and Jeff said she could, as they're re-doing all the landscaping. That's Mom's [Bridget and Jeff's] house on the left, and Rocky and Lorraine's on the right. Mom and Neil moved into the house in August 1959; Rocky and Lorraine moved in in July, 1959. Very dear, dear friends.
Now, Vicki has to unload the border bricks at her house. I helped, but just with a few, as I am the oldest and mustn't exert myself.
We stopped at Regent Care, where my Mother spent her last days, and visited Mary Perman, Lorraine's mother. That's Lorraine on the left. Mary celebrated her 95th birthday in September. Lorraine made a wonderful party for her. We saw several of the nurses and aides who took care of Mom.
As we leave Regent Care, Lorraine has misplaced her car keys.
We're grilling steaks tonight on Vicki's semi-new [I bought it for her in May] grill. It will be the first time it's being used.
I must say, after watching the presidential debate last night, that I sure wish John Adams had been nominated - or Abe Lincoln - or Thomas Jefferson. Neither one of the nominees has rolled my socks down. I must do more investigating before I cast my vote.
Please tune in again in a day or two for more of our fun-filled adventures. Perhaps another shot of Stop and Shop - or maybe Shop Rite?!?!?! But wait, we're going down the shore on Saturday until Monday, so the pictures might not be quite so mundane!

No comments:
Post a Comment