Monday, October 6, 2008

October 5, 2008

Sunday, it's raining - not a heavy rain, but a soft, lovely rain. Vicki and I are going to Carmel, NY to our cousin's home. It stopped raining on the way up; heavy wisps of fog meander through the hills and it looks beautiful. The foliage hasn't changed much, but a few maples are ready. Pictures will be posted when that happens - probably next week when we go to Vermont.

John and Liz have a lovely home in Carmel, NY, and two beautiful daughters, Olivia, age 5, and Jaclyn, age 2-1/2. John's brother Bruce and his wife Amanda are visiting from LA, and are going back today. We're here to celebrate their children, twins Devon and Isabelle. It's their 7th birthday.

John is "Chef" and has prepared the best salsa I've ever eaten. Amazing! Johh, in fact, is quite the cook. It appears all the men in our family enjoy cooking.




This is me with Melissa, my cousin Laurie's oldest daughter. This photo is part of history. We have pictures of us together beginning with Melissa at age 3. I think Aunt Irene, her grandmother, started the "tradition" and we're keeping it going.



It's about time for Bruce and Amanda to head to JFK for their flight back to LA. Here are Devon, Jaclyn, Olivia and Isabelle in the yard playing.




Here are the cousins: Vicki from NJ, Bruce from CA, Laurie and John from NY, and Yours Truly, obviously NOT from hunger!!




The "children" decided to do some artwork on the rent car!



And here are the NY McKinlays: Liz, Olivia, Jaclyn and John.




I must say, if you ever get within 100 miles of Carmel, NY, stop in to visit. Liz and John are the most hospitable and will make you feel part of the family within minutes of meeting you.
We had a great day with all the kids. The Birthday Party had several other families, children and a 10 month old puppy. Cupcakes and bite sized cheesecakes made by Laurie were basically devoured in minutes. I MUST get John's recipe for salsa. It was wonderful.
Stop back in a day or two for more meanderings.




2 comments:

Vicki said...

I agree, that was quite the day. We had a wonderful time. Sash and I happen to be John's favorite cousins (in fact, we are THE FAVORITE COUSINS).

Stephen said...

Please share the salsa recipe!