Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Not much has been going on. On Monday, we did laundry and rested from our Vermont trip.

On Tuesday, we shopped [I returned a sweater - Vicki bought a few outfits for Laura], had lunch and saw The Secret Life of Bees. We really enjoyed the movie. I highly recommend it to you ladies.

On Wednesday, we tried to find the Orvis store but it moved and there was no note. I might have to Google it. I caught a cold so we headed to the drug store [I know, it's exciting] and then home for soup.

Regent Care [where my mother was] has a birthday party once a month for all the birthdays in that month. Tuesday was the October Birthdays celebration. Regent Care is a very nice place. Lorraine's mother, Mary, has been there for over a year and a half. The third floor is for rehabilitation from injuries/strokes and Mom was there for all but 2 days. The fourth floor is for the residents who don't want to be a burden on their families or who have Alzheimer's Disease. The entrance was decorated for Fall and looked lovely.



The residents were eagerly awaiting the entertainment and cake, of course. That's Mary looking at the camera. She was 95 years old in August. The lady in red is a resident and the lady in white, as well. The little lady in blue is Mrs. Patterson who was Mary's neighbor for 58 years. She looks like a sweet little old lady, but don't let that fool you. She's a PIP and cusses like a sailor. In fact, she displayed her ability to curse in Italian. She's quite fond of the F-bomb.



These two men, who are part of a Reggae Band currently playing in The City, entertained for over an hour. Vicki and I really enjoy them. They used to play at The Crow's Nest, a local restaurant, and they play quite often at Regent Care. They are very nice young men.



There were about 50-55 folks in the room, only 3 of which were male. The ladies sang along and there was much toe-tapping.



Here is the lead singer getting ready to pack up and head to The City for tonight's gig.



Lorraine, Mrs. Patterson, Vicki and I left at the same time, so I had to snap this photo. Lorraine is nicest person you'll ever meet. She left sauce, sausage and meatballs on Vicki's porch which we ate for dinner. YUM.



I think today will be a "stay home" day as my nose is runny and now Vicki is sneezing. We have a couple of movies to watch and I think that's what we need to do. We were going to go to Wurtzboro, NY for the memorial services of Christine's mother on Friday morning, but it's nearly 2 hours away and starts at 9am. Neither one of us feels like getting up at 5am to drive to a place we don't know how to get to, so we decided not to go. Christine will understand.
More in a day or two. Be well.



No comments: