Saturday, October 11, 2008

October 11, 2008

On Saturday morning, Vicki and I got up [not so bright and early] and drove down to Little Egg Harbor to spend the 3 day weekend with Denice and her mother Marie. We sang all the way down, listening to the Jersey Boys sound track. I'm sure those who saw us thought we were two wacky old ladies - which I'm proud to say WE ARE!!!

We got to Denice's house, dropped our things off and dragged her into the car. Marie stayed home preparing our wonderful feast for later that night.

We drove over to Long Beach Island and headed north to see the Barnegate Light House. Wonder of wonders, there was a huges festival going on celebrating the 150th anniversary of the lighthouse. There were concerts, exhibits and lots of people. Here I am WAY in front of the lighthouse. Jay and I LOVE lighthouses and have visited many on the west coast. We didn't climb it as the line was way too long.



We walked out one of the jetties. People were fishing everywhere. Here are Vicki and Denice.


I must say something here. People are always saying negative things about folks from New York and New Jersey AND I'M TIRED OF IT. We met so many nice, friendly people who were helpful, extremely friendly, courteous and downright NICE. This nice lady let me take a picture of her shirt [which I thought was great] and even told us where we could buy them. She said I was the only person who "got" it. Okay, New Jersey folks are really nice but maybe some of them aren't too bright - if they didn't get it.



So, off we went to Viking Village. It was full of fishing boats and little shops - not the touristy kind - the local shops. No, I didn't buy the shirt. Below is Denice and me in front of a handpainted mural. Cool!



Okay, here you will find Vicki and me being wacky!




Vicki used to be a two pint a night gal but has kicked the habit. She she did have a little slip after dinner.



Marie prepared an STUPENDOUS pot roast dinner with all her trimmings. Marie is on the left and is a stunning 84 years YOUNG. She is one of the move vibrant, energetic and fun gals I know, as you will see in future day postings.




So, after the wonderful dinner, home-made PERFECT cheesecake, wine, etc., we waddled off to bed for a much deserved rest.
Tune in tomorrow for a day at the shore!





No comments: