We also stopped in Bloomingdales!
On Sunday, we had Rocky and Lorraine Gelok and Ginger Hoey for a lovely fall dinner. We really had such a good time. Saturday, it was windy and rainy and it was as if the sky was cleaned. It was just beautiful. However, all the leaves are now in the driveway and on the lawn. Rocky and Lorraine lived next to my Mother since 1959. I babysat for their two oldest boys while I still lived at home and Vicki sat for all three.
Anyway, when Steve was here and we were at Total Wine & More, he found Smutty Nose IPA. We were shocked to discover that one of the men on the label looks just like our stepfather, Neil Markley. Now, back in 1959, all the neighbors on Arnot Place were good friends, but soon Neil [being the oldest] became grumpy and used to yell at all the kids, especially Rocky and Lorraine's three boys. The friendship between Neil and Rocky fell apart but as you can guess, they are still our dear, dear friends. In any case, on Sunday, I asked Rocky if he wanted a bottle of beer and presented him with the Smutty Nose IPA. He could hardly believe his eyes and got quite the kick out of the label.
Here is the formal picture of Laura and Josh that Matt and Carol had made in August. I'll get mine when we got to Seekonk on Thursday but just in case . . . They are extremely adorable kiddos.
We're going to walk over the Clinton Avenue tomorrow and I'll take pictures. The street is now blocked off to car traffic - just pedestrians. I've never seen so many Halloween decorations!
Ciao for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment