Steve and I had dinner at Benzi's in Hasbrouck Heights last night. He won the ordering competition. I had angel hair pasta with spinach and sun dried tomatoes - very good. However, he had crab encrusted sea bass which was just grand. After we had dinner, we went home to wait for Vicki and then went to the Arena Diner for dessert. Vicki had dinner - grilled cheese; Steve had chocolate pie and I had the best pumpkin pie I've had in years. WOW was it ever good. I'm sure when I get back to Dallas, everyone will see the GAIN I've made due to eating.
This morning, Steve left for Maine and Vicki and I headed to Waterbury, VT. We stopped at a gas station to fill up. In case you don't know, you're not allowed to pump your own gas in New Jersey - or Oregon, for that matter. So, we filled up and I spotted this on another vehicle:
I saw a t-shirt down the shore that said the same thing and almost bought it but this is better - and free.
So, Vic and I left about 10 and headed north. The New York Thruway and the Northway were just beautiful. Colors were vibrant but I'm sure these photos don't do it justice. In any case, here they are:
We checked into the Best Western in Waterbury a day before the rest of the family. We've not told Jim so they don't know we're here.
The hotel has a restaurant run by a chef from the New England Culinary Institute. Totally unexpected yumminess. Vicki had parmesan crusted chicken and I had an apple and calvados porterhouse port chop. We were both very please with our meals.
No dessert. Maybe an apple later. In any case, we grabbed our laptops and hopped into bed, clad in our jammies.
We scoped out the fitness facilities here and will do at least 30 minutes in the morning. We then plan to go to Northfield to surprise my brother, the Post Master of the Northfield Post Office. Should be fun.
So, we're here and we're having a really terrific time. The foliage on this side of the moutain are mostly gone but it's just wonderful here.
Please come back in a day or so for a new post. Til then, a Green Mountain Good Night!
XO Sash

No comments:
Post a Comment