Today, we're belatedly celebrating Molli's birthday. Molli is the last of a particular group who turned a certain age in 2008. Some of us are now on Medicare!! Get it? Molli's birthday is actually in December and she's the last of several of us who were born in 1943. However, in December the calendars of all of us fill up way too quickly and Molli is usually out of town visiting her Mom or her wonderful grandchildren. So today is Molli's celebration. And she's a PEACH.
Eden is a BYOB place which makes it nice for all of us to bring our favorite wines to share. Danielle brings a wonderful Tattinger Champagne and we toast Molli.
Here is Danielle who assures all of us that the champagne is as always wonderful.
Wendy has been out of pocket for some time but joins us today and will really like the fact that Karen Kahn, the Chef, has several pastry specialties. Yes, it's got to be said - Wendy does have a bit of a sweet tooth.
Sharon a/k/a Sash certainly enjoys the bubbly.
Here we all are: Wendy, Danielle, Moi and Molli. Rose, who is a founding member of the Baguettes, is unable to join us today due to a trip to Arkansas to visit family.
Cameron has been our server each time we've brunched here and is just THE BEST. He's so much fun and so very knowledgeable about all sorts of things.
Now, let's get down to the food offerings.
The fruit plate is fresh and just delish!
Mollie had Eggs Benedict [which I had last time] and they were great. Wendy had Eggs Sardou and she seemed to enjoy the heck out of them. They were gone before I could snap a picture. Danielle and I had the tenderloin omelets which were just yummy. The potatoes served with each dish, while loaded with carbs, were GREAT.
Wendy, Danielle and Molli enjoy the pre-dessert wine. Danielle brought a great Rodney Strong Chard and I brought Newman's Own Chard.
Danielle had a German chocolate cake which she said was better than anything she's had in 1,000 years. She certainly doesn't look OR act that old!!!
I was FORCED to have the raspberry tart. YUMMO. Wendy and Molli shared one but I was up to the task and ate the whole thing.
Karen Kahn, the chef and owner, visited with us. She's just terrific. She is dedicated to serving the freshest and best items available.
Anyone in the Dallas area should visit Eden. Check out the menu at: www.eden-dallas.com
Oh and as an aside, Danielle and I saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. It was great. It's won a couple of Best Picture/Cast awards and is nominated for an Oscar. It's well worth seeing. I am even willing to see it again.
But in any case, definitely visit Eden Cafe on Lovers Lane in Dallas. Really terrific.
Ciao for now. Tune in soon as Steve has a new pup, Zoe, and we have February birthdays coming up.

No comments:
Post a Comment